Here is a rough schedule of our reading process:
- Week 1:
- Chapters 1-5
- The Birth of the Christ
- Waiting on the Kingdom; the gatekeepers of promise
- Call and the beginning of the earthly ministry
- Week 2:
- Chapters 6-11
- Jesus and his companions-travels and teachings
- Prayer and the Son of Man
- The Sermon on the Plain: Blessings and Woes
- Week 3:
- Chapters 12-18
- Frightening words-texts that terrify
- Are we ready for healing? For the Kingdom?
- Week 4:
- Chapters 19-23
- It all comes undone
- Teaching the uphill climb
- Are YOU the Messiah?!?
- Week 5:
- Chapter 24
- CAN the living be found with the dead?
- Off on the road to Emmaus
- A bit of broiled fish
- Returning to Jerusalem
Join us tomorrow at 10:30 at the Trinity Episcopal Church in Matawan. The vestry door will be open and we will be expecting you!
"Since many have undertaken to set down an orderly account of the events that have been fulfilled among us, just as they were handed on to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and servants of the word, I too decided, after investigating everything carefully from the very first, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, so that you may know the truth concerning the things about which you have been instructed...." Luke 1:1-4