At the July vestry meeting, it was resolved that Trinity’s leadership would dedicate the parish to a renewed commitment to outreach, specifically through a commitment to the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals (resolution attached). On Thursday, Sept. 25th, the main sanctuary will be open from 8 AM to 5:30 PM in observance of the Day of Fasting and Prayer for the MDGs.
Our first steps have already been taken. Last week, you received in your homes a special edition of the Tidings newsletter focused on how fellow Trinitarians are actively embracing the MDGs through prayer, study and outreach. On Thursday Sept. 25, we will continue that mindful exploration of how we are called into service in Christ to this world. Below is a schedule of some of the events that will occur in the sanctuary, and also ways that you can participate at work, at school or at home.
• 8:30 AM-Morning Prayer with bible study following
• 10:00 AM-Noon: mindful prayer and meditation marked by special prayers offered on the hour
• Noon: Prayers for Noonday, with special prayers of intention for those surviving, and for those who have succumbed, to HIV/AIDS around the world-prayers supplied by the One Campaign (www.one.org)
• 1:00 PM-2:45 PM: study, prayer, reflection and work in service (gardening, knitting, cleanup on the property, etc.)
• 3:00-4:30 PM: mindful walk along river (NJ side)
• 5:00 PM: Evening Prayer in the sanctuary
For more information: www.e4gr.org; www.ecs1870.org