Friday, July 25, 2008

Readying for Mission

Today we head down to the Philadelphia International Airport. Early tomorrow morning we take flight for Guatemala on our Annual Diocesan Youth Mission Trip.

I am excited to be one of the adult leaders invited to go this year. What a grace-filled opportunity. I haven't been out of the country for years, and to Central America in almost a decade. The last trip south was to Honduras with a youth group from Grace Church in Madison. What I remember, and am anticipating, is the profound expressions of hospitality and spirit that we saw on our trip. I have heard from the experienced of this trip...our youth...that I can expect the same.

This last week, aside from parish business, has seen a flurry of preparations. From final shots and inoculations to the binding off of a number of craft projects (gifts for our hosts), I have hardly looked up...

So, with much to do and miles to go...keep us in your prayers,

No comments:

Post a Comment