Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Another thought...

Last night, I asked vestry to bring three things to the retreat day we look forward to at the end of March. Three objects culled from their separate lives:
  1. Something that speaks of their experience of God
  2. Something that speaks of their experience of "Church"
  3. An object with a meaning that they define, that speaks of their own self
So, what objects might you offer up? Do they exist near you as you read this missive? Are you willing to describe them?

Feel free to post a comment and share your inventory...

1 comment:

  1. 1. an old olive wood Jerusalem cross given me by a friend from his visit to the Holy Land
    2. a stack of photos on my desk of my god children, kids I have baptised and a photo of me blessing a Kenyan woman who ministers and strives for women's rights in her homeland
    3. a dreamcatcher my sister gave me when I was first ordained.

    They all sit on my desk. I see them everyday.

    ReplyDelete