Saturday, September 16, 2006

It's been a while

Since I have blogged.

Not for desire to spend some time in reflection, but I have been burning the candle at both ends for too many days in a row to have time to sit down and put finger to keyboard on the blog.

This has been a season of blessings and challenges. This weekend is another example of just how intense life has become around Trinity. We have another funeral. That makes 10 for the year in the service register, 12 for the year in the parish register. I also have a wedding today as well, four sunday liturgies (Youth Eucharist resumes at 9:15 this month on the third Sundays) and Peacemeal at which some reps of an HIV/AIDS outreach group called ArtWell will be counting on my presence. Top that off with sad news that Laura and I got this week that a former parishioner has died of an aortic aneurysm. I can't really remember a time in my life as a priest wherein I have felt both more blessed and more stressed to be a priest. It just feels like there has been no let up, and that is now affecting me. I sleep less, worry more and because we are "thin" on clergy support here at Trinity, the process of the "buck" stopping with me means detail management is more a question of deciding which thing to drop...Instead of which thing to take on.

I still count my blessings, but today I am also saying my prayers that we enjoy some quiet as well as the hustle-bustle of the program year's outset.

No comments:

Post a Comment