Monday, August 28, 2006

Laid to rest

Today, I went over to a little village outside of Morgantown to inter Beverly's, and her husband's, ashes. Chris Beck, from Leaver Cable Funeral Home, drove and we had a good conversation there and back...And a pleasant lunch afterward.

The country church Beverly's family has plots in was quite beautiful. An old colonial style with whitewashed clapboards and two-storey windows reminded me of Trinity, Newport. We laid both urns side-by-side and offered the Committal liturgy, I hope in good form.

Afterward, the family, Chris and I stood quietly at graveside and took in the surroundings.

It was a good, if sad, way to start the week...And a welcome "reset" for my own worries, stresses and concerns moving into the bustle of program year kicking off.

Now, to an early dinner with Laura and then a meeting of Strategic Planning tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment