Monday, April 17, 2006

The Great Day of Easter

Alleluia, Christ is Risen!
The Lord is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!

Aside from an odd microphone issue, a few nervous--and sadly, quite ill--acolytes and the odd moment when I found myself out of fatigue and wonder slipping out of the present and into an odd reverie of musing awe, Easter Sunday turned out all right.

We experienced yet again the empty tomb. We dug up the formerly interred "Alleluia" banner. The church was packed to the gills and beyond for the principal liturgy and the early and later services had a particular energy. Amen. After the main service, with buckets and pails clutched in eager hands, the children went out into the grounds to search for Easter eggs. People lingered to talk, to laugh and to enjoy each other's company. It was a glorious day. With the new organ sounding fully (en chamade horns and all!) the energy felt palpably lighter. New chapters, new life in the Church. Amen, amen, and AMEN!

After the service, Laura and I went over to Trey and Otho's, parishioners, for Easter Dinner with some of their guests in for the weekend from the City, along with the Koberna's from Trinity. It was a great event. A truly diverse and interesting crowd. Conversation ran the gamut from theology to economics, from philosophy to art to cooking, cooking, cooking! I can't imagine having had a more enjoyable time. We even made a blog post from another of the guests! You will have to scroll down to catch the Bucks County refernce, but I confess that I have a new thing to do in my free time! Andrew and Karen's blog is a treat! I have included that here, and as a link on my main blog page. Enjoy.

Eastertide, aside from allowing me a moment or two to truly exhaust, is a great experience. At Trinity, truly, we get only a moment or two to truly rest before the work of ministry demands our attention, but I was thankful of a day to sleep, work in the garden at the house and just enjoy some time with Laura. So, the season of the resurrection begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment