Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The work continues

In a little while I will be teaching an Early Communion class. I do look forward to those times when I get an opportunity to just teach. I realize that being a priest means that I am always striking a balance between teaching, pastoring and simply being with people. To have a moment, just a moment when that ambiguity drops away is a true gift. So, the kids arrive and we talk about taking communion. What it is, what they will experience, etc.

Then, on Sunday, we celebrate them on the way to Annual Meeting.

In that light, minutes are reported, agenda is set, reports are made, elections tallied and appointments celebrated. That is the business. The ministry is the celebration. One more year in the life of Christ is marked and we have a chance to pause and think, and remember, that we can't do this on our own.

More photos from the organ!

No comments:

Post a Comment