Thursday, July 14, 2005

New pages

This has been a wonderful couple of days.

So much is happening around here...Most of it great.

There is such a freshness in the programs and ministries moving into this fall. The only worry I have is over the amount of time and effort it is going to take to get it all done. There is just no way one priest can manage all of this, and at the same time we aren't quite ready to call an assistant. As Betty Davis said "It's going to be a bumpy ride!"

So much is new...And most is new to me. New ways of doing things as I learn firsthand the life of Christ in this place during my first full program year. New patterns of work to absorb and internalize. New disciplines being formed in me around self-care and maintenance of a balanced life.

In the parish, too, newness is in the air. Communications is getting ready to roll out a newly framed website, a new directory (and way to doing same). They will be helping out Stewardship in their work...And a new campaign in that venue is going to keep us on our toes. New opportunities for worship with mid-week and festal liturgies beginning in September will call us to prayer and demand attention from me, taking me out of the administrative pocket and putting me more in the role of worship leader and pastor. A new Inquirers' Class will present me and the staff as teachers. Each ministry is taking some time to take stock of its work, evaluating what is effective and grace-filled and what needs a sabbath's rest. Indeed, we are being "stretched by the Spirit" in so many directions.

I do need a vacation. This is going to be a busy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment