Wednesday, March 02, 2005

After the closing, before the start

So much has happened in just one week!

Last week is a bit of a blur. Around the Friday before last, I started to feel really "off." Actually, looking back, I had been sick for a while, but I didn't really feel it until that night. After going out to dinner with friends, I noticed a tickle in my throat and a sense of congestion in my sinuses. 24 hours later, and I was a miserable wreck...And that continued until last Thursday, when Laura and the St. Andrew's office staff literally badgered me into going to the MedEmerg office.

Turns out I had a sinus infection, a bad one. A heavy dose or two of Augmentin and Mucinex and some rest stolen in between movers and closings and movings and last Sundays...And now unpacking...And I am almost human again.

The house is wonderful, and slowly coming together. We have settled in to some extent. There are still boxes everywhere, but we are happy to be getting used to the space, the place and the area. The neighbors seem nice and we have even met a few.

I got a call from Jim today...With a request for a sit-down with the wardens and rector's advisory committee next week. Hard to believe I begin in such a short time! So much information to digest and so many people to meet! Top that with Holy Week and I will be busy!

I am excited to begin. This looks to be a wonderful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment