Wednesday, February 02, 2005

a new appliance

A busy day.

Between making/taking calls about housing issues and squeezing in planning for the transition, I had time for a bowl of spaghetti-o's and a cup of coffee. Still, I am having a blast.

Diane invited Laura and I to dinner with her husband, and we included Bridgett and Walter. That is next week. Also, before the teachers go on break, they asked to host us for a dessert party. The toasting has begun. I both love and hate these moments. I love them for the fact that we get a too rare chance to celebrate each other. I hate them because they mean that a chapter in my life and ministry is drawing to a close.

We also spent some time on Holy Week. Ash Wednesday is done and done, and we have a great headstart on Lent and Holy Week. The headway we made last year on liturgy planning has really paid off.

On the Trinity front, we have a homeowner's policy, we bought a refrigerator and we have a greater sense of the dialogue with the seller's on the inspection and the days are running down to the closing. All we need now is a mover...our next project.

Tomorrow, I need to start to refocus on streamlining the entry process for Trinity. Time to get off on the right foot, and to take some time to meditate on the new directions and the new life of being called to this parish.


No comments:

Post a Comment